A natural, gentle and easy service for women's health.
Also known as a vaginal steam or v-steam, the Yoni Steam is reminiscent of traditional hip baths and post-partum steams. The Yoni Steam has ancient roots in many cultures including Korean, Indonesian, and Mayan practices. Considered a form of hydrotherapy, guests sit in a chair over an herbal steam in this holistic health practice, where the Yoni herbs have been known to assist with:
- Pre and Post Menses Support, easing bloating and cramps
- Balance Hormones, helping to regulate irregular menstrual cycles
- Menopause Support, addressing dryness or pain during intercourse
- Increase Cervical Fluids, aiding with increased fertility
- Nourish and Tone Uterine Lining, another way to increase fertility
- Prevent and Ease Bladder and Kidney Stones
- Ease Headaches and Lower Back Pain
- Correct Digestive Disorders
- Soothe Nervous System
When you come with more than one other person, each of you only pays $55. Plus, bring someone who hasn't been to the spa before and get $10 spa dollars after they pay for their service!
The Sanctuary Spa difference.
The Yoni Steam service is 30 minutes for the actual service, however you can expect to spend up to an hour from beginning to end. Once you arrive for your initial visit, you’ll be asked to complete our Intake Form and a Yoni Consent Form. The Intake Form will collect general information about you from contact information to allergy and health history information. The Yoni Consent Form will provide further information and cautions about the service.
Once you’ve completed the forms and your Yoni Steam is ready, one of our Guest Care team will escort you to the room. Our Yoni room has four chairs so that you could enjoy the time with some girlfriends. Of course, you’ll only be scheduled with women you know, so if you scheduled by yourself, the room will be set up for one. Our Guest Care team properly prepares every aspect of your Yoni, ensuring that the steam from the herbs is ready to go when you walk in the room, that the candles are lit and that you have all your questions answered.
You’ll be left for a few minutes to prepare yourself for your steam. We have capes made of a rubber-like material. Remove all of your clothing (you’ll get pretty steamy all over, so we find it best to remove all clothing) and select one of the capes to put on yourself. Most choose to put the cape around your chest area, underneath your arm and around your bust so that you may still have use of your hands during your service. Of course, with our aromatherapy throughout the spa coupled with our music, we hope you are able to use the time to meditate and relax. We also realize in this ever-connected world, sometimes it’s nice to use the time to chat with friends that have come with you, text your friends not there or catch up on some reading.
Our Guest Care Associate will come check on you once you’re in your cape to ensure your footstool is properly positioned to get you the best vantage point for the steam and to confirm the temperature feels good. As well, if you’ve requested any, they’ll happily bring in any snacks or drink you’d like. You’ll then enjoy your steam for 15 minutes. Use your cape to control how much steam you are getting – carefully tuck it in around you to get more steam or if you’re feeling to warm, lift it open to let some steam out. At the halfway point, the Guest Care member helping you will come to check on you. They’ll bring with them some cool cloths with our special Aromatic Emulsion fragrance. These toning infused towels are a great contrast to the steam and feel wonderful on your neck, shoulders and décolletage.
When you’ve enjoyed the last 15 minutes of your service, your Guest Care attendant will come back to let you know the service has ended. We have wipes to freshen up as you get dressed. Please leave your cape on the floor. Your Guest Care attendant will properly sanitize the chair, steam pots, cape and towels after your service is complete. You may enjoy the relaxation lounge as you wait for your next service (a massage or hydrotherapy service like a Vichy shower is an excellent follow up to your Yoni) or proceed to the lobby to check out your service. We offer several carefully selected natural based product lines to care for your skin, your body and your senses. Your service total is $65 for each person. Of course, as with any service-oriented purchase, if you feel like you received great service you are welcome to provide gratuity for the Guest Care Associate that attended to you during your service. Most guests leave gratuity between $5 to $15 for each visit.
If you know your calendar and schedule at the end of your service, you’ll receive a 5% discount for pre-booking on the same day. Most women come once per month, generally if you’re addressing menstrual cramps the week before or after your menstrual cycle begins is great. Other women, especially those looking to address fertility or postpartum healing and toning, choose to come as many as three times per month, getting a steam each week they are not on their menstrual cycle. Women addressing menopause come every few months. Really, it’s a matter of finding the right cadence for your body.
What are the contraindications for a Yoni Steam?
A contraindication is factor or condition that would serve as a reason to not do a service. We don’t recommend getting a Yoni Steam if you are experiencing any of the following conditions:
- Menstruation: the steam increases your blood flow, enhancing your circulation which can then cause heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Pregnancy: the steam relaxes and opens the cervix, while the herbs address balancing of your hormones, both of which could result in miscarriage or early labor.
- Internal infection or open sores: while the herbs do have anti-bacterial properties, it is best to wait until after your infections have cleared up before steaming.
- Intrauterine Device (IUD): the herbs combined with the steam are intended to cause your uterus to soften and contract which could make your IUD shift or come out altogether, which would make it less effective.
What herbs are used in the Sanctuary Spa Yoni Steam?
Sanctuary Spa sources our Yoni Steam herbs from a trusted source, Vibrant Souls, committed to women’s health.
- Mugwort: In addition to fighting infection through its antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, mugwort balances female hormones and stimulates the production of hormones that help to maintain uterine health as well as protect the uterus from things such as ulcers and tumors. Mugwort steam opens the pores, allowing the beneficial herbs to penetrate into the blood stream. In addition, mugwort helps to stimulate menstrual discharge and ease cramping.
- Rosemary: An aromatic and antimicrobial herb, rosemary treats bacterial infection, speeds wound healing, inhibits yeast growth, and stimulates menstruation.
- Lavender: One of the most relaxing herbs we have, lavender supports healing, and it also promotes menstrual flow.
- Yarrow: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, yarrow is great for regulating menstrual flow, treating ovarian cysts and supporting overall uterine health.
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, motherwort strengthens and relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, and may help treat uterine fibroids. Motherwort stimulates uterine tone and blood flow.
- Calendula: Aids in healing of scar tissue, vaginal tears, or hemorrhoids.
- Rose Petals: A relaxing, uplifting and astringent herb that is wonderful for pampering.
What to expect after your service?
Sanctuary Spa has created a place to ensure you receive the most relaxing, rejuvenating service. We have carefully selected our source for the herbs to ensure you receive the maximum benefits. Most women come out of our Yoni room feeling calmed, comforted and de-stressed. The steam will have increased your blood circulation during your service. Some women experience light spotting for a day or two following your service. Some may find their next period to much lighter and more pleasant than before, others may require four to seven services to experience all of the benefits. We have even heard of some women experiencing a much heavier, darker, thicker menstrual cycle the first time after. Most women have seen this as a full release and experience a much better menstrual cycle the next time around. It’s suggested to continue two to three Yoni Steams to fully understand how it will benefit you, be patient and listen to your body.
What are the Yoni Steam Benefits?
We at Sanctuary Spa have done a tremendous amount of research regarding the ancient practice of Yoni Steaming. The research and testimonials coupled with the countless number of women that have come to our spa for the service have reinforced to us that this service is useful and helpful to women. Below are a few external articles about real women who have been helped with regular Yoni Steam treatments.
- How come my doctor said that vaginal steaming wouldn't work and why I'm glad I decided to try it anyway.
- What is vaginal steaming?
- Start Yoni Steaming Now
- Yoni Steam Testimonials
We look forward to seeing you at Sanctuary Spa for your Yoni Steam soon. Please call our guest care team at 713.622.7722 or book online today!